- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you visit our websites (the “Websites”), and/or purchase, download, install, register with, access and/or use StatChat (the “App”); and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline.
- You provide to, or is collected by, any third party (see, “Third-Party Information Collection”). These third parties have their own privacy policies, and we encourage you to read them before providing information on or through them.
If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not proceed to purchase, download, install, register with, access and/or use the App.
Children under the Age of 13
The Websites and the App are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Websites and App:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- automatically when you use the Websites and/or the App.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you access the Websites and/or download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, title, specialty/sub-specialty, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, National Provider Identifier Standard (NPI), specialty/sub-specialty, profile image, practice name, practice address, practice telephone number, practice fax, and/or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”), and
- that is about you but individually does not identify you.
This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App and/or the Websites. This includes information provided at the time of access to the Websites and/or the App, registering to use the Websites and/or the App, subscribing to our service, posting material and/or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Websites and/or the App and when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the App.
Automatic Information Collection.
When you download, access and use the App and/or access the Websites, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App and/or Websites, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App and the Websites, which may include traffic data, location data, metadata, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App and Websites.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system and browser details, screen resolution, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not access the Websites and do not download the App or delete it from your device. For more information, see “Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.”
Information Collection Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or other device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App and/or Websites.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and Websites and our e-mails, texts and other electronic communications may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) which permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, or opened an e-mail or text, and for other related App statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the Websites or App or their respective content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
- National Provider Identifier registry/database service provider.
- Analytics companies.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this App and/or the Websites. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used and are not responsible for their practices. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information, see “Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information”.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Websites and the App and their respective contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including push notifications.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Share information such as your name, specialty/sub-specialty and profile picture with other users by way of search results and as identifiers for sent and received messages within the App.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Websites and App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- tore information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see “Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information.”
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purpose of providing our Services, and maintaining and improving our Websites and the App.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of DocComm LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by DocComm LLC about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see “Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.”
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “Invite Colleague” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that correspondence and your relevant contact information to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including a response to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including, but not limited to, the Mobile Application End User License Agreement.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DocComm LLC, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
This section describes mechanisms for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you should not download or register for the App. If you have already downloaded the App and do not agree to these terms, delete it from your device(s).
Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use anonymous data based upon information that you provide to us and that we collect to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you should not download or register for the App. If you have already downloaded the App and do not agree to these terms, delete it from your device(s).
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you should not download or register for the App. If you have already downloaded the App and do not agree to these terms, delete it from your device(s).
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account settings page.
We take the security and privacy of the personal information that we collect and/or receive pursuant to this policy very seriously. Accordingly, we will implement reasonable and appropriate technical, organizational and security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such data, and comply with applicable laws and regulations
All information you provide to us is stored on secure, cloud-based servers behind firewalls, and certain sensitive information will be encrypted (i.e. with SSL technology).
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites/App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We will comply with all applicable laws including, but not limited to, data protection laws. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure and, therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Websites and/or App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Notice to All Non-US Residents.
Our servers are located in the US. If you are located outside of the US, please be aware that any information provided to us, including personal information, will be transferred from your country of origin to the US. Your decision to provide such data to us, or allow us to collect such data through our Website or the App, constitutes your consent to this data transfer. California Privacy Rights.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. If you wish to submit a request pursuant to Section 1798.83, please contact us via email at email@example.com. We do not honor “Do Not Track” settings.